Gentlemans Halt bushcare camp
Marramarra National Park
This volunteer activity in Marramarra National Park mixes bushcare with a weekend away. We’ll pitch our tents at remote Gentlemans Halt campground by the Hawkesbury, and enjoy a mix of work and walks.
- Bush regeneration
- 9am, Saturday 17 June to 4pm, Sunday 18 June 2017. Weekend activity with overnight camping.
- Gentlemans Halt campground
- No disabled access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and teens 12 years and over. Medium level of fitness required.
- Meeting point
- Mooney Mooney. Details provided on booking.
- Yes. NPWS will provide bush regeneration equipment. Some camping equipment also available – please ask about this when booking. NPWS will provide meals for both days.
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, clothes for all weather conditions, gardening gloves, sunscreen, raincoat, snacks, drinking water, tent, sleeping bag, hat
- Please note
- Bookings essential. To book and for further information, email or call NPWS Valleys area office on (02) 8448 0400.
Help NPWS reduce the amount of weeds that threaten sensitive environments in Marramarra National Park. This annual bush regeneration weekend is open to both experienced bushcare volunteers and people new to this work.
You’ll be busy in coastal saltmarsh, swamp oak floodplain forest and the mangrove and estuarine communities of the Hawkesbury River. You’ll do bush regeneration and help us clean up rubbish in the mangroves. You’ll also enjoy a guided tour of the saltmarsh and estuarine areas and a walk with the birds.
Bushcare volunteers have contributed to the environmental health of this beautiful park for over 10 years. It’s an opportunity to help our environment while increasing your wellbeing. You’ll meet like-minded people and receive on-site training in bush regeneration.
Nothing beats the deep relaxation you’ll feel by the campfire at the end of a good day’s work in the fresh air. This is a great chance to try something a little different in an amazing location.
It's a good idea to bring a day pack, insect repellent and torch.
- in Marramarra National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Marramarra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 8448 0400
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- Lane Cove National Park, Lady Game Drive, Chatswood NSW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (02) 8448 0444