Lady Bay Beach
Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Lady Bay Beach.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Lady Bay Beach is in the South Head precinct of Sydney Harbour National Park. To get there:
- Drive along New South Head Road past Vaucluse to the end
- Turn right into Robertson Road, then left into Military Road, which becomes Cliff Road.
- Turn left into Short Street then right into Cove Street and right into Victoria Street
- Continue to the end and leave the car at Camp Cove carpark
- Follow South Head Heritage trail, which begins near Camp Cove Kiosk, to the beach.
Alternatively, the Eastern Suburbs Ferry from Circular Quay, as well as buses 324, 325 and 380, stop a short walk from Camp Cove. Check out the Transport Info website for more information.
Park entry points
- Camp Cove carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Camp Cove carpark, including several designated disabled spots. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited then.
Toilets and picnic facilities are located at Camp Cove Kiosk and Gap Bluff Centre, off Cliff Street.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands Island, all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Wednesday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965