Fig Tree Cave
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Be sure to take the self-guided tour of the impressive Fig Tree Cave while you’re at Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve. The cave decorations are a sight to see.
- Show caves
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Self-guided entry is $20 per adult, $13 child/pensioner, $17 seniors, $50 family (2 adults and children aged up to 16 years). Multi-cave passes available.
- Opening times
Fig Tree Cave is open 9am-4pm daily. Closed on Christmas Day
- What to
- Sturdy shoes
- Please note
- Prices for cave entry and passes are subject to change.
- You can make the most of your entry fees by combining a tour of Fig Tree Cave with one of the other show caves in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve, with the Discovery Pass or Explorer Pass.
- The cave is accessed by a token-operated door, a short walk from the visitor centre.
- The ground in the cave can be slippery, so please take care.
- It’s a good idea to take a jumper with you because the temperature is cooler inside the cave
- It's about 1.2km from the kiosk, through the cave, and back to the kiosk, and takes about 1.5 hours.
Take yourself on an inspiring journey through this magnificent show cave. The self-guided tour allows you to set your own pace and stop as often as you like to take in the awesome cave formations surrounding you the whole way.
The carefully placed lighting means you won’t miss a thing – look out for the stalactites and stalagmites, the helictites and cave coral, and other beautiful cave decorations. The cool cave air will make you feel like you’ve stepped into another world, and the information you’ll discover along the way means you’ll leave a cave expert.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Wombeyan Caves
(02) 4843 5976
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- Email: email@example.com
Fax: (02) 4843 5988
- Wombeyan Caves