NYE Nielsen Park
Sydney Harbour National Park
Nielsen Park, in Sydney's eastern suburbs, has a friendly, festive vibe on New Year's Eve. Bring a picnic and some drinks so you can raise a toast to the old year, and cheer in 2018.
- Sunday 31 December 2016. Gate opens at 5.30pm and closes at 12.30am on Monday 1 January 2018.
- Nielsen Park, Sydney Harbour National Park
- Adult (16 years and over) $33.44 per person. Children (5–15 years) $17.43 per person. Children under 5 free. Ticket price includes booking and transaction fees.
- Meeting point
- The gate to the Nielsen Park New Year's Eve celebration area is located on Steele Point Road, off Vaucluse Road, next to Strickland House.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, raincoat, suitable clothing, sturdy shoes
- Buy tickets on the Moshtix website by clicking on the 'Book now' button. Or call Moshtix Ticket Support on 1300 438 849.
- Please note
- The fireworks viewing area is 600m from the gate.
- For general questions about this event, phone 13000 PARKS (1300 072 757).
You'll have amazing views of the city skyline from Nielsen Park. It's a great place to enjoy the New Year's Eve fireworks lighting up Sydney Harbour National Park.
Bring a picnic, a rug to sit on and responsible amounts of alcohol. It's a good idea to also bring a torch and a radio if you want to listen to the New Year's Eve broadcast.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands Island, all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Wednesday to Friday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965