Fort Denison Cafe and Restaurant
Sydney Harbour National Park
Fort Denison cafe and restaurant is closed as of 26 June 2017. A process is underway to select a new venue operator. It's expected that Fort Denison cafe and restaurant will remain closed until 2018. Please bring a picnic to enjoy on your visit.
- Cafes and kiosks
- Sydney Harbour National Park
- Entry fees
Fort Denison ferry tickets include landing fee. If you're taking a water taxi, visitors will need to call 13000 PARKS (1300 072 757) to pay a $7 per person landing fee.
- Please note
- There are no food and beverage services on Fort Denison as the lease for Fort Denison Cafe and Restaurant concluded on 26 June 2017
- A selection process is underway to determine a new operator for the venue, but the cafe and restaurant is expected to remain closed until 2018.
- Fort Denison Café and Restaurant is unavailable for function bookings until further notice. This webpage will be updated when Fort Denison Cafe and Restaurant re-opens and becomes available for public bookings.
Please bring a picnic to enjoy during your visit. Drinking water and toilet facilities are still available on the island.
Discover Sydney’s maritime and colonial history by taking a stroll around the island.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Fort Denison is home to a wealth of historic heritage. The Fort Denison heritage collection project invited volunteers to locate, identify, document, conserve, interpret and make accessible the heritage collections in Sydney Harbour National Park. This allowed NPWS to engage with the community and ensure our collections are protected.
- Sydney Harbour
- (02) 9337 5511
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. Fort Denison can only be visited on a tour. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands Island, all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 9337 5511
Contact hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW
- Fax: (02) 9337 1303
(02) 9960 6266
Contact hours: 10am-4pm Wednesday and Thursday
- Governors Road, Middle Head, Mosman NSW
- Fax: (02) 9960 3965