Sand track walk (south)
Seven Mile Beach National Park
Take the Sand track walk through the ancient and untouched forest at Seven Mile Beach National Park, near Nowra, where you can go fishing, swimming, birdwatching and picnic.
- Seven Mile Beach National Park
- 1.5km one-way
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch
- Strong rips and currents may be present at this beach, so take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
The Sand track walk (south) starts from the southern end of the Beach Road picnic area, and takes you through forested hind dunes running parallel to the beach.
Easy enough for the whole family, this level walk wanders among the forest of majestic tall blackbutt trees, a reminder of the forests that were widespread along the coast until 200 years ago. There are also patches of rare bangalay sand forest and littoral rainforest along the way.
After a short time, you’ll emerge at the middle of Seven Mile Beach, halfway between Gerroa and Shoalhaven Heads. Here, you can admire the golden stretch of beach stretching out in both directions.
After a short time, you’ll emerge at the middle of Seven Mile Beach, halfway between Gerroa and Shoalhaven Heads. Here, you can admire the golden stretch of beach stretching out in both directions. Enjoy a swim here before retracing your step or and wander back along the beach, enjoying the sea breeze before sitting down for a picnic at Beach Road picnic area.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Seven Mile Beach National Park in the South Coast region
Seven Mile Beach National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 4423 2170
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 55 Graham Street, Nowra NSW
- Fax: (02) 4422 7041