Marramarra Ridge to Smugglers Ridge walking track
Marramarra National Park
Discover the beauty of Marramarra, near Hornsby, on this day walk. Enjoy scenic views, historic heritage, colourful wildflowers and picnicking along the way.
- Marramarra National Park
- 13km loop
- Time suggested
- 4 - 6hrs
- Grade 4
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water.
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- This walk takes you to a remote location. Please ensure you’re well prepared - bring appropriate clothing and equipment, and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Discover the Hawkesbury Sandstone ridge tops and explore the tidal creek lines of Marramarra on this beautiful day walk.
Enjoy easy walking along Marramarra Ridge trail down to Marramarra Creek. Stop for a while and enjoy picnicking and a refreshing swim at Marramarra Creek campground. Head off to explore the historic orange orchards, and in late winter, you can probably pick an orange from these historic trees.
Continue along the walking track that takes you back up to Bloodwood Road along Smugglers Ridge. It’ll be impossible to miss the wildflowers in spring. Admire the beautiful colours of pink eriostemons and boronias, yellow peas and white epacris, as well as yellow and red bloodwoods and angophoras.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Marramarra National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Marramarra National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 8448 0400
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- Lane Cove National Park, Lady Game Drive, Chatswood NSW
- Email: email@example.com
Fax: (02) 8448 0444