Queens Lake picnic area
Queens Lake Nature Reserve
Perfect for swimming, boating and fishing, Queens Lake picnic area, in Queens Lake Nature Reserve, is an ideal family day out on the Mid North Coast, near Port Macquarie.
- Picnic areas
- Queens Lake Nature Reserve
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Queens Lake picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Be warned; once discovered, you might not want to leave the natural beauty of Queens Lake picnic area, just a short drive south of Port Macquarie. Nestled amongst towering eucalypts and lush rainforest, this idyllic lakeside spot is a refreshing oasis in the summer months. Situated in Queens Lake Nature Reserve on the Mid North Coast, it’s a great day out for families and nature-lovers who enjoy a secluded getaway without the crowds.
While away a relaxing day filled with swimming, fishing and boating. Or just sit back in the shade while the little ones enjoy paddling in the calm waters. After a relaxing lunch at the picnic tables, launch the boat or canoe from the small wharf and explore the lake.
The surrounding forests make it perfect for wildlife and birdwatching. You might see glossy black cockatoos, swift parrots and, if you’re lucky, perhaps a koala.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Queens Lake Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Queens Lake Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Port Macquarie
(02) 6588 5555
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW
- Fax: (02) 6588 5500
- Port Macquarie