Halfway Point picnic area
Lane Cove National Park
Enjoy a picnic in a riverside setting near bushwalking trails at Halfway Point picnic area in Lane Cove National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Lane Cove National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Halfway Point picnic area is:
- Open 9am-6pm outside of daylight savings periods
- During daylight savings periods, Halfway Point picnic area is open 9am-7pm.
- Please note
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- Ice is available at the park office at the nearby Lane Cove Tourist Park
- Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
Halfway Point picnic area is an idyllic small, riverside picnic area, surrounded by bushland.
Why not gather a group of friends or head to the area with family for a riverside refresher? There is uncovered seating available for up to eight people. It’s the perfect spot for a lazy picnic or barbecue on a sunny afternoon, especially in warmer months.
The site is also close to all of the scenic attractions and outdoor activities Lane Cove National Park has to offer. For active types, there’s cycling and canoeing to enjoy, but if you prefer a more relaxed outing, then get amongst some birdwatching and visit historic cottages.
We've captured Google Street View across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$7 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins (cards accepted at some machines).Buy an annual pass.
(02) 8448 0400
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- Lane Cove National Park, Lady Game Drive, Chatswood NSW
Fax: (02) 8448 0444
Lane Cove River Tourist Park
(02) 9888 9133
- Plassey Road, North Ryde NSW 2113
Fax: (02) 9888 9322
- Lane Cove River Tourist Park
Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
(02) 9472 8949
Contact hours: 10am-4pm daily. 9am-4pm during summer school holidays (closed 12pm-12:30pm) (closed Christmas Day)
- Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Bobbin Head Road, Mount Colah
Fax: (02) 9457 0113
- Sydney North (Bobbin Inn, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park)
Lane Cove Bushcare
(02) 9415 3998 (office)
0419 753 806
- Lane Cove Bushcare