Big Yango loop trail
Yengo National Park
Big Yango loop trail is a great activity for 4WD touring and mountain biking when staying at Blue Gums campground, Mountain Arm campground or Big Yango House in Yengo National Park.
- Yengo National Park
- 22km loop
- Time suggested
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Vehicle access to this attraction is only available to visitors who are camping or staying at Big Yango House, Blue Gums campground or Mountain Arm campground. Gate codes will be provided in booking confirmations.
- This trail is only suitable for 4WD vehicles with high ground clearance.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
The Big Yango loop trail is a great way to get away from it all and explore this rugged landscape. Whether you're in a 4WD or on a mountain bike, it's an excellent way to experience the remoteness of Yengo for yourself.
Not for the faint-hearted, the 22km trail includes some steep climbs and descents, as well as a few tight switchbacks.
Take in spectacular views of the vast landscape, which extends west over the Yengo and Wollemi wilderness areas, out as far west as Newnes and Rylstone. Watch out for wombats, wallabies and even goannas. And, if visiting in spring, be sure to stop to enjoy the wonderful display of wildflowers.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Yengo National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Yengo National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
The Big Yango precinct of the park is within locked gates and requires a permit to enter.
- Central Coast
(02) 4320 4200
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- Suites 36-38, 207 Albany Street North, Gosford NSW
- Fax: (02) 4320 4299
- Central Coast
(02) 6574 5555
Contact hours: 9.30am-4pm Tuesday to Thursday
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW
- Fax: (02) 6574 5274