Wentworth Falls picnic area is in the Wentworth Falls precinct of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there from Great Western Highway, turn left at Falls Road near Wentworth Falls and the picnic area is at the end of the street.
- All weather
Parking is available at Wentworth Falls picnic area, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is also available.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Drinking water
- Picnic tables
- Flush toilets
- Trackhead/access point
You should know:
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- If you're bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you're well-prepared for your visit.
- While water is available at the picnic area, it's advisable to bring some extra water with you.
- You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible. There are wheelchair-accessible toilets and designated parking.
Access to Ingar Picnic and Camping CLOSED - Ingar campground
Due to road maintenance and wet weather, the road has been closed. It will be re assessed on Thursday 13th March.
Claustral Canyon access change
Access to Claustral Canyon via the previous route across private land at Mt Tomah is no longer possible due to landholders denying access. Canyoners should respect the rights of Mt Tomah residents and avoid using private land.
Alternative access from the west side of Mt Bell has been identified. For details please contact the NPWS Heritage Centre, phone 02 4787 8877; open seven days 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Fire-affected areas remain closed
NPWS is conducting risk assessments of fire-affected areas in an effort to re-open sites to the public as soon as possible. Until assessments and/or required work is completed, the following areas remain closed:
- Pierces Pass and Hungerford’s Track (picnic area and road open)
- Mt Banks walking and cycling track (picnic area & road open)
- Track to Victoria Falls (picnic area & road open)
- Hat Hill and Crayfish Canyons
- Victoria Falls to Burra Korrain and Blue Gum walking track
- Du Faur Canyon
Please continue to check the website for further updates, as re-openings will be posted on a regular basis.
As a result of fire impact some canyons will remain closed until the next canyon season (summer 2014/2015) to allow for recovery. These include:
- all canyons in burnt areas accessed via Waratah Ridge (Hole in the Wall Canyon and Bungleboori Creek canyons)
- all burnt areas and canyons in burnt areas north of the Wollangambe River
- Dalpura, Birrabang, Yileen and other canyons south of the Bells Line of Road between Bell and Mt Banks
- Bell Creek Canyon.
Locations affected: Mount Banks Summit walk
, Mount Banks Road cycle route
, Pierces Pass to Blue Gum Forest walking trackGrand Canyon walking track partial closure - Grand Canyon track
Part of the Grand Canyon walking track will be closed from Tuesday 28 January 2014 for several months until further work is completed on the track.
Grand Canyon is also closed for canyoning for the same period because the work site is directly overhead. Jugglers Canyon remains open. Access to the Grand Canyon walk from Neates Glen and Evans Lookout remains open – return by same route. Access to Beauchamp Falls and the Grose Valley from Evans Lookout remains open.
See map for the closure details (PDF 395KB). NPWS Heritage Centre is open 7 days a week for information; phone 02 4787 8877.
Overcliff track - Wentworth Falls - Overcliff-Undercliff track
The Overcliff Track between Lyrebird and Breakfast Point lookouts remains closed due to storm damage.
Wentworth Falls Toilets - Wentworth Falls picnic area
The toilets at Wentworth Falls Picnic Area will be closed from Monday 10th February, 2014
to allow demolition and replacement with new amenities block (Nearest wheelchair accessible toilets located at the Conservation Hut). There may be minor disruptions to traffic flow from 7.00 AM – 4.00PM Monday- Friday.
Temporary toilets will be available at the Picnic Area.
The electric barbeques will not be available during the works
All parking, lookouts, pathways and walking tracks will remain open at the picnic area.
For further information please call the NPWS Heritage Centre, Blackheath –
Ph: 4787 8877 - open daily 9am – 4.30pm