- All weather
Parking is available at Wentworth Falls picnic area, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is also available.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Drinking water
- Picnic tables
- Flush toilets
- Trackhead/access point
You should know:
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
- If you're bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you're well-prepared for your visit.
- While water is available at the picnic area, it's advisable to bring some extra water with you.
- You're encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible. There are wheelchair-accessible toilets and designated parking.
Claustral Canyon access change
Access to Claustral Canyon via the previous route across private land at Mt Tomah is no longer possible due to landholders denying access. Canyoners should respect the rights of Mt Tomah residents and avoid using private land.
Alternative access from the west side of Mt Bell has been identified. For details please contact the NPWS Heritage Centre, phone 02 4787 8877; open seven days 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Fire-affected areas remain closed
NPWS is conducting risk assessments of fire - affected areasin an effort to re-open sites to the public as soon as possible. Until assessments and/or required work is completed, the following areas remain closed:
- Pierces Pass picnic area and Hungerford’s Track (picnic area and road open)
- Mt Banks walking and cycling track
- Track to Victoria Falls (picnic area and road open)
- Hat Hill and Crayfish Canyons
- Victoria Falls to Burra Korrain and Blue Gum walking track
- Du Faur Canyon
Please continue to check the website for further updates, as re-openings will be posted on a regular basis.
As a result of fire impact some canyons
will remain closed
until the next canyoning season (Summer 2014/2015). These include:
- All canyons in burnt areas accessed via Waratah Ridge (Hole in the Wall Canyon and Bungleboori Creek canyons)
- All burnt areas and canyonsin burnt areas north of the Wollangambe River
- Dalpura, Birrabang, Yileen and other canyons south of the Bells Line of Road between Bell and Mt Banks
- Bell Creek Canyon
Locations affected: Mount Banks Summit walk
, Mount Banks Road cycle route
, Pierces Pass to Blue Gum Forest walking trackGrand Canyon walking track partial closure - Grand Canyon track
Part of the Grand Canyon walking track will be closed from Tuesday 28 January 2014 for several months until further work is completed on the track.
Grand Canyon is also closed for canyoning for the same period because the work site is directly overhead. Jugglers Canyon remains open. Access to the Grand Canyon walk from Neates Glen and Evans Lookout remains open – return by same route. Access to Beauchamp Falls and the Grose Valley from Evans Lookout remains open.
See map for the closure details (PDF 395KB). NPWS Heritage Centre is open 7 days a week for information; phone 02 4787 8877.
Overcliff track - Wentworth Falls - Overcliff-Undercliff track
The Overcliff Track between Lyrebird and Breakfast Point lookouts remains closed due to storm damage.
Partial Closure for Aerial Pest Control Program (Ends Friday 2 May)
The following areas of the southern Blue Mountains National Park & Kanangra-Boyd National Park will be closed from Wednesday 30th
April 2014 to Thursday 1st
May 2014 (inclusive), for an aerial pest control operation;
- Kowmung River corridor, from Mathesons Creek to Kelpie Pt (Cox’s River)
- Colong / Billys Creek & Church Creek Caves
- Scotts Main Range & Mt Cookem bushwalkers corridor
- Bullnigang, Millnigang & Jooriland Ridges
- Tonalli Tablelands and Broken Rock Range area
There will be no access for any persons by any means The reserve will be re-opened on Friday 2nd
Upgrade works to Woodford Oaks Mountain Bike Trail - section CLOSED - diversion in place
A 2km section
of the Woodford Oaks Mountain Bike track
will be closed from Tuesday 11th March until May
, 2014. This closure will be in place 7 days a week, while we are undertaking major repair and upgrade works.
: - the lower 2km section of the route (single track) - from the helipad gate (near Euroka Road junction) to the end of the single track at Glenbrook Causeway car park.
: - will be in place, and cyclists will be able to complete the ride by re-joining the road and exiting at Glenbrook as usual.
For further information
please call the NPWS Heritage Centre, Blackheath –
Ph: 4787 8877 - open daily 9am – 4.30pm
Wentworth Falls reserve car park
Access to the Wentworth Falls reserve car park will be closed from 6am - 9am on Saturday 12/4/2014
. The lookouts and walking tracks will be open to pedestrian access. Visitors are advised to park outside the reserve until it re-opens.
Wentworth Falls Toilets - Wentworth Falls picnic area
The toilets at Wentworth Falls Picnic Area will be closed from Monday 10th February, 2014
to allow demolition and replacement with new amenities block (Nearest wheelchair accessible toilets located at the Conservation Hut). There may be minor disruptions to traffic flow from 7.00 AM – 4.00PM Monday- Friday.
Temporary toilets will be available at the Picnic Area.
The electric barbeques will not be available during the works
All parking, lookouts, pathways and walking tracks will remain open at the picnic area.
For further information please call the NPWS Heritage Centre, Blackheath –
Ph: 4787 8877 - open daily 9am – 4.30pm