Extreme weather alert
Fires, floods and park closures: Due to the extreme weather conditions in some locations in the Sydney, Central Coast, Hunter, Lower North Coast and Illawarra regions, NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is asking the public to consider delaying trips to parks in these affected areas until the situation improves.
For your safety, several precincts are now closed. They are:
- Between the weir and Deburghs Bridge - Lane Cove National Park
- West Head Road and The Basin Campground - Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Bradleys Head Road from below Athol Hall - Sydney Harbour National Park
- Crosslands Reserve - Berowra Valley National Park
- Putty Beach campground - Bouddi National Park
- Tallow Beach campground - Bouddi National Park
- Little Beach campground - Bouddi National Park
- Girrakool day use area - Brisbane Water National Park
- Somersby Falls day use area - Brisbane Water National Park
In addition, Cattai National Park and Bents Basin State Conservation Area are also closed. Closures will remain in place for 24 hours to enable a review of weather conditions and remove debris. Please check back here for the latest information.